A few months back Hazel Cruickshanks and I interviewed Jean Gibson, who is the organist in Kilchattan Church, on the Island of Luing. This is what we found out:
- Where did you grow up? Lytham St. Annes. Near Blackpool
- What is your full name? Jean Frances Gibson
- How old were you when you joined the church? 14 years old.
- How many cats have you had? 7. Although I do come from a family which always had dogs!
- When did you move to Luing? 1975. I was 36 when I came, and I was married only 3 years.
- What instruments to you play? Piano, Organ and Recorder.
- Did you learn the piano first and if so what age? Yes. I was 12. I only learned the organ when I moved to Luing.
- What are your hobbies? Reading and Machine embroidery.
- What Church were you in? United Reformed Church before the Church of Scotland.
Innes MacQueen. JAM group Kilchattan Church.